Friday, August 20, 2010

First Days...

Hello blogger world/family/friends/strangers, I have a goal to keep a better detailed report about my travels. I have tried to recall my past trips to Europe, Spain, Bermuda ect, but cant seem to remember much besides it was sooo cool and I have TONS of pictures. So, here is my first attempt for this London/Scotland trip of August 19-29. Two of my big brothers Cassidy, Joshua and myself (oldest, middle, youngest children of the Larson clan) decided to venture out for ten days and explore the wonderful sights of London and Scotland. Cassidy and myself headed to Las Vegas Thursday morning about ten-thirty Cassidy's good friend Melanie was kind enough to take us to the airport. Unfortunately for me I woke up with a headache and was doing all I could to make sure it didn't turn into a migraine, I took many many pills and sleep the whole drive down to LV. We walked into the airport to find the longest line I have ever seen. Delta passengers were taking up not only all their allotted space but the next four lines next to theirs! ( good thing we planned two hours before our flight) We finally made it through lines after lines after lines and boarded our plane to Atlanta, Georgia where we were to meet up with Josh. The four hour flight from LV to Atlanta was not my finest hours, being sick caused me to feel like I was going to barf every other time the plane made a jolt. I sat in the middle next to Cassidy and some fine Brazilian young man :) We met up with Josh and ate our "last" American meal before we boarded yet, another plane, this time 8 hour flight to London. I indeed got stuck in the middle again, and thought my life was being taken from me when I fell asleep on the tray table the the chair in front of me started coming back, crunching me into what I thought was death. Needless to say, I did not die, just couldnt get comfortable enough to fall asleep after that. The plane had little screens in front of each chair that could either watch movies/tv, play games, watch your travel, or even listen to music. Thankfully I watched some good shows to make it through the flight. (It was a lot harder to fly coach, when you have flown first class before, I know, poor me right, I am just the one in London right now:) ) Anywho, we made it! Made it to London, and that means going through customs.... blah, my least favorite part of the trips, I always feel like I am being interrogated, which I guess in a way I am. Josh and I went in one line and Cassidy in the other, Cassidy went left Josh and I went right.... all I am going to say, is that will teach me to "choose the right" again. haha. We made it to our hotel just long enough to change into our "show" clothes, and be on time for our tour at the House of Parliament. We had a great tour guide that was so animated and loved her job. I think I now know more how their government works then my own... We then found a close by pub for dinner, we are hungry, tired and hot, the weather today is warm and muggy! We had some time to kill before our show Love Never Dies, the second Phantom of the Opera started so we went to where we "thought" the candy stores were, little did we know that was wrong, and then subway lines went down and there were a million people and did I mention we were hot and tired and siblings... I think we were all pretty irritated really fast. But we made it to our show and I believed we all loved it. I loved the Phantom he was absolutely amazing, I liked the show, a tear jerker for sure, but man were they proud of it too. I think the bows at the end went on for 8 minuets. No joke, they just kept on coming back then the curtains would start to close the clapping would start to die off and then they would open them again so the clapping resumed. haha of course it was a great show its LONDON!!! Well my brothers are now passed out, both snoring I would add, and we have a full day ahead of us tomorrow with Buckingham Palace and Wicked and of course gotta find that sweet yummy candy everyone wants brought home! Good night and I will add photos later, hopefully I stay up with this trip, hopefully you get a laugh or two out of our crazy adventures!

3 comments:

karlee said...

Yeah.. as much as I am jealous of you its fun to read what you are up to each day. Stay on top of it so I can live through your writing!!!
Have fun, be safe and make out with a scottish man!

Leslie said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are updating about your trip! So fun for us here at home doing same old to read about!

You look cute in all your pics! Keep taking alot!

And yes make sure and get candy! haha.

Nothing much is happening at home so you aren't missing out.well........ maybe YOU are. haha ;-)

Jan said...

Glad you're having fun! Hope you come home still loving each other..
Post some pictures! Love and Miss you!