Saturday, August 28, 2010

Friday

Well this will be and easy update. I got a headache at around lunch time and I was down ever since. I would poke my head up every now and then to see the wonderful scenery but that is about all I could take. We did manage to make a few stops before lunch time and saw the kilt cliffs. They were absolutely beautiful, black cliffs on the coast that look like the pleats in a kilt. Very windy and cold but we managed to look over the edge and take it all in before we hurried back to the shelter of the car. We took a couple little detours through some small towns to find a place for me to go potty (surprise right?), some cute little villages you could call them. We happened to stumble onto a local craft show. You walk into this big room and there are many booths set up with each person selling their own special talent. Wood working, wool spinning, pastries, paintings, hand sewn projects, crochet, and other things. Cassidy bought a few things from the wood working man, they were wonderful pieces. We then headed off to the castle of Eilean Donan. It was really quite amazing. My favorite part and my brothers laugh was in the kitchen. They had fake food on the tables and fake people posed doing different jobs. They had some recipe books that you could flip through and see what type of meals they cooked. They had a pantry that had some chickens hanging along with some jack rabbits and fish laying out on the counter. They had different little postings that told you when things were in season, and that some of the maids in the kitchen would be up at six to prepare food, and would be up till midnight washing all the dishes. We drove to a town called Portee and that’s were we found our restaurant for lunch. I even ordered a hamburger this time, and ate half of it till Josh asked me how my highland cow tasted. I really wanna get one, I am sure Dad would be okay with just one hairy cow right?! Well this is when I feel asleep with no return. I know they stopped and walked up to the light house at Ness point, I peeked at it is all. Then Feire Glenn a pretty area, they got out and took photos again, I just peeked up out of the window then right back down I went. We then started towards our B&B but it seamed like it took forever. Once we got there around 7 ish I went right to sleep. It was the nicest B&B we have been to all trip. The hostess, Jan was super nice and she had a cute little dog that loved to play with all of us. We had out our little suite with own bathroom and two beds, one twin, and one full size. It was the softest bed yet, too bad we didnt get much sleep once Cassidy came to bed. Nice accommodations and very nice people, I was surprised when she said they were going to take their holiday in September. She said they would spend a few weeks down with family, the a few weeks to Crete, then back to a few weeks with their family before coming home. Cant you imagine, I think us Americans need to pick up that tradition. I was always wondering why everyone who asked how long we were gone on holiday were surprised we only said 9 days. That’s not nearly enough they would all say in shock. I was thinking it was plenty long enough :)

No comments: