Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday.

Sunday:

We had to wake up early this morning to catch all our tours, trains, busses that we needed to. I woke up at six-thirty to shower before the boys (did I mention we went to be like mind-night). We are leaving London tonight so we had to check out of our hotel, which meant trying to get all my belongings back into that backpack of mine. (its just as hard every time I do it) We left at seven thirty to catch our train taking us to the Heathrow airport to drop off our bags. We possibly walked the length of terminal four times (not exaggerating) … so if you are ever there; I now know it pretty good. We missed breakfast this morning because we checked out early, so luckily for me there was a KRISPY KREAM at the airport! I think I am doing pretty good about trying the culture food, but I am doing even better about filling up on American Food. Maybe I wont loose any weight on this trip after all. We then took a bus out to a train station that took us to a town called Salisbury. This is where we had a double decker tour bus that took us to all the cool sights in the area. The first on the list was Old Sarum. It was out in the wonderful green country, we had to walk up a dirt path through a sheep-grazing field to the top of the hill where the ruins of the castle laid. They had about 20 people there playing different parts of the olden age. There were army men hiding in the trench of sandbags with guns firing off. There was a hospital tent with a nurse and a shop where you could by bread and food. We had amazing views of all the beautiful country. We jumped back on the bus and headed up to Stone Hedge. While waiting for the bus Cassidy made friends with a cute little Spanish family from Spain, the same area as his mission. Also, I will tell you before Josh gets the chance. I feel asleep on the bus and I snored once. I was like waking up not knowing I was sleeping and with my mouth open nonetheless and I snored. They both will not let me live it down. Oh, and I also got a little admirer. He was staring at me the whole train ride. So Josh thinking he was funny (which he wasn’t) kept telling me ooo theres your boyfriend! He even went as far as to almost push me into him. Really, I know, lets act our age’s right (brothers). ANYWAYS. We made it to Stone Hedge and made it around with our audio guide. I really do enjoy the audio guides not only because they are usually free, but also because you find out so many cool fact, myths, and information about the place your touring. I feel I get so much more out of the trip then just pulling up, taking my picture and being done. We then walked up to the Salisbury Cathedral. It is the tallest Cathedral in England, and the fourth tallest in Europe. It is a gorgeous Cathedral and super peaceful with a huge green lawn on each side of it for picnicking and lounging. On our way back to the station, we stopped and at lunch at a place that was very trendy and cute. Looks like it could be the hot spot for Thursday karaoke nights; well any nights really because it was pretty vacant during the lunchtime and its England, nightlife central. Made it back to the train station for our ride back into the airport a lot of coming and going right…. Right, but it was worth it?) We checked in and went through security where they take a photograph of you so you’re “in their system.” Kind of creepy but all right. We had a 45-minuet plane ride up to Edinburgh, Scotland. It was a fast easy ride in which there was NO sleeping. You think I would have learned by now, but I haven’t. I tried to fall asleep on the tray table and of course the seat in front of me came back, and back and back! FOR REALS they come back like two feet! So, once again I get squashed between the table and the chair coming to me. While loosing my comfortable spot it is helpless to try to sleep again. I feel that I am so irritable I need some sleep with these long days of walking and touring and smiling J We got on a bus that took us about four blocks from our hotel, there is SO many pretty buildings I tried taking photos of them but unfortunately its dark and my flash does not reach that far. Anyways excited to be in Scotland and excited to get some cool photos and souvenirs!

No comments: