Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thursday*

(I am on track, no more tryin to remember past days, yippie!)

Thursday:

Again and early morning for me. Six-thirty I was awake and getting ready to leave. I didn’t take any hot breakfast from Antoinette in hopes not to offend her today… We had a long day of driving ahead of us like 7 hours or so. We started our journey and made many stops along the way. We did a lot of turn abouts too, just so we didn’t feel bad for not taking the same route five times. We stopped and walked down to a cave, all we could really see was some waterfall inside but it will still really cool. They had stories of when the Vikings would use this cave back in the day. We pulled into a craft village. It had like 6 stores that were all really cool painting or pottery and the CoCo mountain! Antoinette told us we should stop there that they have the best cup of coco ever. I knew it was going to be to rich for me so I got the kids cup it was more milky and even had marshmallows! It was pretty good, pretty chocolaty, and I don’t know if it was the BEST cup I have ever had, that mix from the cannery is pretty dang good haha. They had treats for sale there too, josh bought all kinds of truffles, and I got some different kinds of fudge to give some friends. We got back into the car to further our adventures. This is when josh and I took a nap, sorry but it’s the only way I could make it seven+ hours with Cassidy’s driving. The scenery was beautiful ocean coast most of the way. Then we got to the highlands. Finally some trees. On Orkney there is no trees its too windy for them to grow, actually not many trees in Scotland period, until we reached the highlands. This is were I saw my first hairy cow (a highland cow). I made Cassidy stop (it was a miracle I saw it with his speed in the first place). I got out and took my photos, I hope I get to see some more. I cannot believe they are so rare, aren’t they like what Scotland is known for?! Anyways, made it to Ullerpool and did a little bit of shopping. Found some cute t-shirts, my Scottish deck of cards and a few little other tidbits. We ate lunch at another trip advisor place and it was okay I guess, I don’t like fish, so garlic bread and some of Joshies fries is how I rolled. They didn’t even have hot chocolate! We continued on our journey through the windy sometimes one-lane roads. Seriously, one lane, not like one lane each way, one-lane total! They have these little passing places that kind of jet out so one car can move over, but scary thing is you cant always see down the road at all. They are so windy and such a small road for one car let alone two! Again, you know I lived through it, as I am writing this now… We pulled over at a little turn off point with some benches and took some photos. Josh hurt my wrist by trying to get me to sit so close to him when I didn’t want to. He wont take no for and answer, until he met me! We then found shop to get some ice cream in, I got a little cup of raspberry original Orkney ice cream, it was pretty good stuff! Our last stop before our destination tonight was the beach! White sandy beach, with cool water, the wind wasn’t blowing, so I almost thought about getting my feet wet. But that’s all just thought about it. We walked along there for about 20 minuets, Cassidy got his feet wet while Josh and I looked for seashells. On my walk I also found, a crab, I think he was dead, or in the process of dying and a baby crabs shell.. like the skin he outgrew. It was pretty nasty and cool at the same time. Tonight we have reached Mellow Charles. We will spend just one night here at this B&B. We are all in the same room, but all three have different beds. We tried to drive down to the beach but had no such luck. But we did get to watch the amazing sunset over the clam clear ocean. Then off the pub for drinks, well only josh drank and Cassidy had dinner. I just sat and watched all the local people drink and be merry, boy did I grow up in a different world then these people. I believe the Scottish beer is a bit stronger here than at home, because just broke out in song “I am tryin to be like Jesus” I said “seriously Josh in the middle of a bar?! “ Anyways, it brought a good laugh, now off to bed, got a few more full days ahead of us!



ps. sorry they have not been as good as they could be. I am getting lazy and not spending the appropriate amount of time, to be honest I dont even go back and re-read what I wrote (if you couldnt tell) Maybe, one day I will get the ambition to go through and edit the post, possibly even add my pictures, just maybe :)

2 comments:

Jan said...

love the update- We miss you- hurry home!

Taranani said...

I had fun catching up with your last few days, while I'm laying here, not sleeping. But your trip is too exciting to put me to sleep, so I guess I better go read my own blog. (which I haven't updated since before I broke my ankle like 3 months ago.) Anyway, glad you're having fun, and that Joshua was touched by the spirit.