Sunday, August 29, 2010

Saturday

So here we are on our “final” day. We woke up and had breakfast at 8:00, were driving out of our parking lot at 8:30 turning back and waving at our hostess and her dog. We have about 6 more hours of driving to Glasgow to catch our flight to London, were we will spend the night and fly back to the states in the morning. We made a few stops at some more craft shows, none as good as the one we hit the other day, but still interesting. We made it to Fort Williams, this is a bigger city, with SHOPPING! I was worried the whole trip that I would not find any souvenirs or a bag to bring them all home in. But thankfully for Fort Williams. We spent a few hours here walking down the rows of shops, lots of shops! I think we have done well on our purchases. We all sort of went our own ways, taking our own time the stores we wanted. It was so nice not felling rushed by my brothers when I wanted to shop. Who knew I would love a shopping experience this much, not I that’s for sure. Then back in the car we went, we stopped and ate lunch right out of Fort Williams at a Bar & Restaurant. I should know by now with my travels not to order lasagna but I did anyways. It was not that great, it was however better then the one I had in Rome though. Lol well, windy wet roads and a few hours later we make it to our destination. The Paisley Glasgow Airport (Paisley can you believe it, I wanted to get out and take a picture, but I didn’t). We found where to return our rental car very easily thanks to Cassidy’s step by step directions on his I-phone. Then all three of us sitting in the parking lot, trying to get all of our newly purchased souvenirs into our bags. One good thing about these airports they have trolleys for FREE. So we snatched one up and pushed all our luggage into check in. We had to sit for a while because there was no one at the baggage counter. We could check in automatically then sat and waited to send our bags off. Once we came through to the gates, it was like a whole mall there. There was all kind of stores to wander and look, too bad I am out of money there was some cute things. I never did find my postcards that I wanted though, I saw them once in Edinburgh then never again. I am so sad, they were handsome young men wearing only kilts, some even the wind had came and blew part of the them up! They were the best, that will teach me to not buy something when I see it right! We eventually made it to our gate to wait a few hours ( who knew we had gotten here so early!). Our flight was about 1 hour to London, then catch a bus to our hotel, were we camped out for our final night abroad. (I am not as sad as I should be, I am ready to come home, but as soon as I get back to work and life, I will be ready for another adventure soon enough) I am out of money, clothes, socks, patients, and strength to carry my luggage any further! I am stick of food I don’t like, and am ready for a really good meal when I get home. Like a nice twice baked potato, a pepperoni and pineapple pizza from Pizza Factory, or even a bowl of Fruit Loops would do the trick! I am also sick of these crazy windy roads, and Cassidys driving, I don’t prefer the one lane roads, or the cold weather. However, I will miss all the Scottish accents, and eating all our meals in a bar. I will miss asking for tap water with ice and drinking loads of hot chocolate! I will miss all the green scenery and all the waterfalls flowing off the cliffs. I will also miss the plaid, its everywhere. (I think I need to find plaid paper to wrap my Christmas gifts in this year) Also, cant forget about all the fields and fields of sheep and cows, but mostly I will miss the hairy highland cows. I only got to see a few, but one day, I will take one home with me! The bus dropped us off right in front of our hotel! Makes it easier on us with all of our heavy luggage. They have free wi-fi on the main floor but you need a password to use it on your own computer for free for one hour. I asked twice how to log on but it was useless. So, I just logged onto theirs so there for no blog update until I get internet next. Wish us luck sleeping in the same room one last night, did I mention there is a huge bed in this room and is super comfy!!

No comments: