Monday, September 28, 2009

The Accident

Okay, first I am super excited I got the whole collage thing to work. Second of all, this is my 2009 Cattle Drive story.
Thursday morning around 7 am, we were catching horses to saddle up to move cows on down the mountain. I caught my horse and led her to the fence where the others were saddling theirs. I tied summer up to the middle of the log fence. I set down her boots and next thing I know she is freaking out, leaning, pulling back with all her force. Then the next thing I know I am on my bottom in the dirt, I jumped up pretty quick to find her running away with the log still tied to her lead. I instantly put my hand to my eye to find it bleeding, Mom was there to freak out so I didnt have too. Nothing a little neosporen and band-aid cant fix!

After a little medical care I was saddling my horse and off we went down the mountain. I rode for about 6 or 7 hours. I had a major headache and just felt off. Lunch time I loaded up my horse and jumped in with Leslie, she took me down to Cedar to Insta-care where the first question they asked was "tell me EXACTLY what happened." I got hit in the face with a log. How much more exact can I get. Then she asked if it happened at home, I said no at the ranch. She (receptionist) said : Well that is considered home. Well, okay, if you say so. Then we had the most crazy princess voiced lady doctor. It just added to the whole experience. She (doctor) wanted to give me stitches, which I opposed and suggested GLUE! She agreed it was a wonderful Idea. But down side of crazy lady doctor was she made me get a tetanus (sp?) shot! Bummer, I was more scared for the shot then I should have been, being the tough cookie I am! AND..Whats a doctor visit without ice cream. Leslie treated me to DQ before we headed back up the mountain to meet the cows and cowboys at the poll corral. Lets just say I woke up very sore the next day.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Oh that was quite the adventure wasn't it?!
Yes, funny receptionist. Yes, CRAZY dr. lady. And Yes--OUCH!!!