Friday, March 9, 2012

Logan the 84341

Well, here I am all bundled up writing about my almost first week here in Logan. Still not 100% convinced this is where I need to be. But I guess while I am here I can try to make the best of it, right? Papa and mom hauled all my crap up here and helped me move into the apartment full of girls I have never met before... (bad idea). We walk in to find the girl who has known I have been coming for like a month was still not moved out of the room. We offered to help her, but she wasnt to eager. All we could do was just pile all my stuff in the corner. The apartments are nice but this one was a little more "trashy" then the rest. Who knew girls could be so DIRTY. Jan was ready to hand me money to go rent a carpet shampooer because the floors were so gross. I deep cleaned everything before I felt I could put anything away. Thank the good Lord I am only in here till the end of April. Hope I make it...(seriously) The day I was moving in it SNOWED! Can you believe it, I swear I am cursed! Good thing I didnt work till 11 the next morning so it had a chance to melt off the roads. A good thing about Logan is COUNTRY DANCING.(Its legit) Not only once but TWO times a week! Booyah- I am bound to get good. This week I new a kid coming up from Ogden to go so I met him at his friends house and went with their group. We had a great time shakin it till late. The next night I get a text from one of the girls we went dancing with inviting me to a bon fire. I HAVE FRIENDS! We drove way out west of town and had hobo dinners and firework wars. Met some new peeps and tried to stay warm next to the fire. I was totally in my element with this new crowd and it made me feel like I didnt make a total mistake for coming here. But work on the other hand was great the first day. The staff here at Hyde Park are awesome. I got along with everyone, everyone was nice, my boss doesnt micro manage, and they dont make me deal with the baby chicks :) Downfall, I work saturdays..... boo! But guess I wont be going to STG as often as I did when I was in Cedar so I can deal for a while.(maybe) I havent really finished unpacking, and thankfully my roomy does not have as many clothes as I have or we could be in some deep trouble. Its like my room, with her bed in it. (haha) She has nothing and I have way to much of everything. Welp, there you have it... I have lost friends, whether or not I am willing to admit it or not from moving away. (the saddest thing ever, truly my heart is breaking) Its already been harder than I thought to keep track of people, but the ones who wanna be apart of your life will make and effort.(or so I keep telling myself). But I guess I cant dwell on that, and hopefully I can make some new friends that dont wanna forget me and hopefully help me adjust to the colder climate.

1 comment:

Jan said...

You're outgoing and fun! You're gonna make sooo many new friends! Logan is Lucky to have you! WE MISS YOU ALREADY