Monday, December 21, 2009

Flames..

Well tonight as I was being on top of things was making the holiday mix to give to my co-workers for christmas gifts… and as the syrup came to a boil it boiled right outta the pan… I quickly moved it off the heat but it boiled over causing the sugar and karo mix to catch flame on the stove top! Me screaming and jumping around... “I dont know what to do.. I dont know what to do” Mom and Dad came running propbably because they smelt the smoke and mom told me to smother it.. so I grab a lid, and mom said get a bigger one so while I am digging for a bigger lid … the stove top is in flames mind you… finally we get it out open all the doors to let smoke out, but no worries the syrup is still good, I put it back on the other burner and boiled three minutes and poured it on the mix and was good to go. Stove is a little not new anymore.. but merry christmas.

2 comments:

karlee said...

oh sami! Didn't you pay attention in HomeEc? I was expecting you to grap a rag to smother it with the way the story was going! haha.
Are M&D pissed about the stove? hehe

Samantha Dawn said...

I did grab a rag but mom said no, grab a lid and smother it... after the fact she told me that baking powder is the key. M is but D cleaned it up today hehe oopsie