Saturday, July 2, 2011

The *JUNE* bug


June kicked off with a more sad but makes you want to stand a little prouder event. The 4th three of my new friends Casey, Brett and Cabe left with the 222 for a year deployment.
Kat was lucky enough to be working on the field helping load bags to get to take some great shots of them. It was a pretty rough day for some (not only because of the party the night before :) but because for once it finally hit home. These are young men we know and love that are going off to war not just strangers fighting for my freedom.
This photo is epic and just makes me smile. Makes me not only proud to know these men but grateful for their willingness and desire to fight for my freedom!


Sunday drives or just daily drives have become a little custom of my roommates and myself. The 5th we took one all the way up to the top of Kanarraville mtn.
This is look out point (yes, of course we self timed it!) it overlooks Kolob- prettiest place on earth. (not debatable)
On our drive up there we passed this big ol' rock in the road, its pretty steep and we already came close to dyeing once by pulling over so a car could pass us. Mean while not thinking of getting starting up this steep slippery road again we rolled back and spin out just a LITTLE. We let Laura try to move it out of the road on the way down... no such luck, it was bigger than she thought. But points for her effort and her bare feet! :)


-Not a complete blog post without a car photo shoot photo-
We were on our way to the Elks lodge for a benifit dinner for little girl with cancer. It ended up being a great turn out and people spent lots of money, probably because they were intoxicated, or cause it was a great cause :)

Kat and Seth during the drawing, Brady spent like $50 on tickets and won like $250 dollars worth of prizes, he had some good luck going on. Laura even won a bath set- everyone walked away winners! Mainly the community came together had a great time together raising money to help out the little angel.


Me-Kat-Hailey at the Lehi Rodeo 25th
Oh boy or should I say COWBOYS. Hailey didnt believe that their was going to be some cute cowboys at the rodeo. But did we make a believer out of her!

We had tons of fun, ran into a few people I knew, wish I got to know some of the others that were there :) Had fun cruising around town singing and trying to pick up on men. All we got were little boys, yes teenagers....we are still wondering where the 21+ men are all gone too! If there are even any left that are not married that is :)

Katie Duncans Farewell!!!
Jennie-Kat-Sam-Kaite
Our good friend Katie will serve her time (kidding) the Lord in Honduras!! How perfect for her- She will be the best missionary ever and love serving the people of Honduras. Best of luck to her and her new chapter in life!

Yay for mini reunions- yay for Jennie- Yay for a AWESOME weekend up in Utah County. Yay for rodeos- Yay for road trips- most importantly YAY FOR GOOD FRIENDS!!!

It seams as the weeks go by slow slow slow, but then next thing I know its already July. I am thankful summertime is FINALLY here so I can work on that suntan I so desperately need. I am thankful for the good times I have and the good friends I have here in Cedar. As I scratch at a bug bite on my leg, lets just remember one thing...... two more months of summer time!!!!









No comments: