Sunday, October 24, 2010

Captain Sir!


I cant believe I never posted anything about my papa in the last month. September my daddio Sam took the Captain test here for St George Fire Captain. He has spent numerous hours studying and working towards this goal. He had Jeremy and Leslie help him write a resume and practice his interview questions. (Jeremy and Leslie just went through this whole interview process with Jer for the Life Flight that is coming to STG) I remember him coming home all annoyed after the test because he felt he did poorly. Apparently on the written exam there was a lot of grammar questions he didn't really prepare for and they had to write aletter response to a mock complaining citizen which he did not have enough time to finish completely. So, needless to say he was a little bugged that he spent all the time prepping to feel he fell short. A few weeks later however Jan and Sam went to go pick up his "declining" letter for captain as dad said. He left Jan in the truck while he was just running in to pick it up, he wanted to pout in private :) Little did papa know while he was in there Chief Stoker saw mom and hinted to her that Dad GOT CAPTAIN!!!! So Jan goes inside and makes him open it. I remember getting the call at IFA from Dad saying I got it, I am Captain! I could hear the smile in his voice! Even to top it all off that he made it he was the highest scorer on the written section! Way to go PAPA!!
I wanted to get something for him to say congrats, and of course the thing that came to mind was a pumpkin pie. Little did I know that they are hard to come by middle of september. I ran into wal-mart and they had NONE. So I drive back into town to albertsons, to find one that is like 5 inches big and disgusting looking. Soooo, I then drive to harmons and they have ONE left, but kicker is its like an 8 inch and it was priced liked a block of gold. But of course my daddy is worth it! Later I then learned that Costco is the place to go. For 6 bucks the have like a 10 inch pie and they always look perfect. So, you learned two things outta this post Costco is where you buy pies, and my awesome dad is CAPTAIN!!!!!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Yay for Captain Sam!
Yay for pumpkin pie!

Leslie said...

I once bought an ugly looking albertsons pumpkin pie that was probably the best I've ever had!!! Seriously.
Costco's may be big, but did the one at Harmon's taste better? I've never really liked Costco's pumpkin pies. But then again I'm just picky w/my pumpkin pies--I can be since I had one every year for my birthday cake! haha

Benjamin said...

Congrats to Sam, nice to see you, and Costco is the best place to buy almost everything. I have already bought 2 pumpkin pies in the last month.